FAQs - Frequently Asked Question
|* Please note that incomplete application will not be processed and returned to the applicant.|
|1||Do I need to fill up the form on line for passport, visa or No-Visa Required (NVR)?||
1. On-line submission of application should first be made by the applicant:
a. For passport, http//www.passport.gov.bd
b. For Visa & No Visa www.visa.gov.bd
2. Then Print the application (after submitting on-line)
3. Submit print out of the filled-in form and supporting documents to the High Commission.
|2||How long do I have to wait after sending my Foreign passport for getting my No-Visa Required Sticker?||10 (Ten) business days from the date of receiving by Bangladesh High Commission (+ postal time if done by Canada Post).|
|3||How long is the passport processing time?||
Up to 8 (Eight) weeks (in case of new passport and re-issue) for regular service If applicable depending of positive police verification and subject to arrival of the passport from Dhaka
Up to 4 (Four) weeks (in case of new passport and re-issue) for Express service If applicable depending of positive police verification and subject to arrival of the passport from Dhaka
(+ postal time as done by Canada Post, in both cases).
|4||When should I send my passport for re-issue?||At least one month before expiry of the existing passport.|
|5||What is the fee for MRP passport, Re-issue and Visa / No-Visa?||
New passport & Reissue: 150 CAD (Regular service)
300 CAD (Express service)
No-Visa Required Endorsement: 80 CAD.
Visa for Canadian nationals:
100 CAD or Single Entry;
200 CAD for Multiple /Double Entry.
(However, separate visa fees are applicable for nationals of other countries)
|6||For more than one services, can I pay fees by one bank draft?||No. For different types of services separate fees should be provided.|
|7||What documents should I include with my child's No-Visa Required application when I send application via mail?||
* Printed copy of the visa form completely filled up on line. Form is available at www.visa.gov.bd and the same form is valid for visa and No Visa Required endorsement
* Original Canadian passport of the child
* Parents’ BD Passport photocopy
* Child’s Canadian Birth Certificate that has parent’s name/s on it
* 80 CAD bank draft
*paid return envelops (if you want delivery via mail).
|8||How to know my application status or convey my concerns?
Any e-mail address to contact?
1. For Passport Related Queries:
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. For Visa and No Visa Required Queries:
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
3. For Attestation, Police Clearance and Bangladeshi Driver's license and other consular Queries:
4. For Power of Attorney related Queries:
5. For Commercial and Trade Related Queries:
6. For any other Query
|9||What is the address of Bangladesh Consulate in Toronto?||1505-2235 Sheppard Avenue East, Atria II
Toronto, Ontario M2J 5B5, Canada
Switchboard: +1-647-812-2791-2, Fax: +1-416-492-3171
|10||The Form says Mission/ Bank and Branch section. How do I fill the form and make payment?||
*Bank/Mission is the Institution you may order a Bank Draft from. (TD Bank, RBC, CIBC, Canada Post,etc...)
*Branch is the branch name or number where the draft is prepared.
*All information to fill under payment of fee section of the form will be available on your Bank/postal Draft.
|11||For Passport reissue, do I have to fill the online application form too?||
No, for reissue of MRP, there is only a one page application form that the application has to fill in saying ’’reissue/correction/alteration’’ -DIP Form 2