Reissue Application of MRP
Are those having Machine Readable Passport (MRP) already and want to, Get Reissue . This category of applicants can apply in two ways:
1) If you are a reissue applicant:
2) Provide your current Original Bangladesh passport. In the case of lost passport, providing a police report lodged in the local police station with Case No. and reported date is mandatory. Please also include your own cover letter mentioning that you have lost your passport and reported to the police station and mentioning the police station name, case number and reporting date in your letter as well. Your old passport will be returned back to you with the new one after the appropriate verification is done.
3) Provide a copy of your passport (page containing personal information (picture page only).
4) Two recently taken photographs of the applicant (size: 45 mm x 35 mm or any passport size). These photographs are not intended to update the photo on your current passport however, are only used for your paper application. If your current photo on your passport has to be changed, then you will be notified by an officer to come to the Office and have your picture taken here.
5) In Case of any Correction or Alteration on existing MRP, applicant must provide a legal supporting document. (For instance, if someone needs to make any change in their Marital status, they need to provide copy of supporting Document of Nikahnama and Marriage or Talaknama and Divorce Certificate). In case of applicant’s failure of submit proper supporting document will delay the processing time.
6) Provide a copy of your legal status in Canada (Passport/PR/Work Permit/Study Permit) .
7) Mode of Payment
A) The fee has to be paid by Bank Draft/Pay Order/ Postal order in favor of or payable to "Bangladesh High Commission, Ottawa"/ “Bangladesh High Commission”.
B) The applicant can also pay by Credit/ Debit Card in favor of Bangladesh High Commission by being present at the High Commission office in Ottawa.
C) No personal check or cash is accepted.
8) At your convenience, you can pick up your new passport from the High Commission on the time schedule suggested by the High Commission otherwise, provide an extra registered return envelope with the applicant’s full and correct address well written on it.
9) Send your application by the High Commission's Address mentioned on the Contact us page if you choose to use the mail service.
The High Commission bears no responsibility for delay or failure of delivery if that mentioned address is wrong, invisible or incomplete.
Please note that the guidelines provided in this page are indicative. The High Commission reserves the right to request for any additional document at any stage for scrutiny by the Consular Officer before rendering any service.
10) How to fill out the form:
11) How to make an Appointment, Submission and Delivery:
All applicants wishing to submit their applicant in person must make prior appointment with the High Commission. For Appointment Please click here
Applicants sending their application by mail may opt to avail a self-addressed return envelope which has a tracking number for returning their new and old passport. The High Commission bears no responsibility for delay or failure of delivery if their mentioned address is wrong or incomplete.
12) Fees and Processing time:
Within 6 to 8 weeks (minimum), depending on
the arrival of the passport from Dhaka.
Subject to the arrival of the passport
Within 3-5 weeks , depending on the arrival of the passport from Dhaka.
Subject to the arrival of the passport
13) Delivery of the passport:
After completion of the enrollment process, the High Commission gives the applicant a tentative date of delivery for the Machine-Readable Passport. The passport is printed in Dhaka and later sent to the Mission.
14) How to check status of MRP issuance:
Applicants can contact the High Commission if their application has sur passed Eight weeks for Regular service or Four weeks for Express service since it has been received by the High Commission office.
To Check Your Application Status, Please Use The Following Link, http://passport.gov.bd/OnlineStatus.aspx Your enrollment ID number will be available after we received your application and once it enrolled in our system after.
15) For hand Pick:
The applicant may come to the High Commission in person, along with existing Bangladesh Passport /personal identification and/or delivery slip to receive New MRP from the counter. However, before visiting the High Commission counter, the applicant is strongly advised to obtain confirmation from the High Commission about arrival of the MRP from Bangladesh.
16) Common delays of your application:
If you are willing to receive delivery by mail, please use the guaranteed or registered or express mail of Canada Post. Ordinary mail sometimes gets lost or causes unexpected delay. Please also enclose a self-addressed express return envelope of Canada Post. The High Commission bears no responsibility for delay or failure of delivery if that mentioned address is wrong or incomplete.
Please note: Incomplete form will not be processed and the High Commission will not be held responsible for such applications.